Sintered stainless steel wire filters are an excellent choice for filters as they have following advantages compared to other materials:
1) Uniform pore distribution and controllable pore size in according with ISO EN-24003 bubble test certificate;
2) High separation reliability;
3) High temperature and thermal shock resistance;
4) High corrosion strength AISI 316L, Monel,Astalloy, etc. ;
5) Very good back pressure flow;
6) Easy to clean using high pressure, superheated steam, chemicals, or burn-off.
7) Wide filtering range from 30 to 300 microns, using different wire diameters and density.
The principal parameter used to characterize the porous element produced by sintering wire is the opened porosity. The porosity can be controlled in different ways to meet specific requirements. The lower the porosity the higher the mechanical properties and elongation values, the higher the porosity, the higher the permeability but the mechanical properties and elongation values are lower. The range of opened porosity is from 70% to 20%. Some of the most common applications of high porosity sintered wire filters are filtration, flow control of liquids and gases, safe valves control, silencers and flame arrestors. Very common applications are food machines and automotive field like gas and fuel injection systems. Very interesting is to compare performances of sintered powder filters with sintered wire filters. In the following flow-chart (fig. 1) is evident that sintered wire filters, having the same filtration 100m, have better flow than powder filters.
material: Inox Aisi 304/316 Brass - Bronze Iron - Zinc plated Iron
POROSITY: from 30 up to 80%
WIRE DIAMETER: from 0,10 up to 0,30 mm
DENSITY: from 2 up to 5
MAX TEMPERATURE: 400° C
dimensioni: from 4 up to 100/120 mm